On behalf of the priests, staff, Perpetual Adoration Committee, and parishioners of
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, thank you for choosing to spend time with our Eucharistic Lord. While it is not possible to quantify the many graces and blessings bestowed on our parish through this time of sacrifice and prayer, we recognize that it is an essential part of our community.
Our Adoration Chapel is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year, excepting Good Friday and Holy Saturday.
While you do not have to sign up, we do ask that you sign in as a visitor when you come in. The Chapel is located in the Parish Rectory, and the door on the side of building is open during regular office hours. If you would like access during "off-hours," (9:00 pm - 5:00 am, Monday through Friday, 9:00 pm - 9:00 am, Saturday and Sunday), please contact the Parish Office at 440-585-0700 to get your individual door code.
Weekly Holy Hours:
In order to make this important devotional possible, we need to make sure that each hour of the day is covered. If you are willing and able to dedicate one hour every week, we would welcome your support. Please contact the Perpetual Adoration Committee (at the bottom of this page) for more information.
The following hours are currently available:
Sundays - 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 2:00 am,
4:00 am, 9:00 pm
Mondays - 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 2:00 am,
3:00 am, 5:00 pm
Tuesdays - 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 2:00 am
Wednesdays - 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 3:00 am
Thursdays - 12:00 am, 2:00 am, 3:00 am
Fridays - 9:00 pm
Saturdays - 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 2:00 am,
3:00 am, 6:00 pm, 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm
If you are unable to commit to the same hour every week, but would still like to serve in this capacity, we are always in need of substitutes for our regulars. Please contact the Perpetual Adoration Committee (information at the bottom of this page) for more information.
- From time to time, it is helpful to remind ourselves of the purpose of the chapel and how to observe Eucharistic Adoration:
- The chapel is a place to seek quiet time to converse with our Eucharistic Lord. Please refrain from any unnecessary conversation.
- It is imperative that all who volunteer for an hour follow up with their commitment. If you cannot honor your appointed time, please secure a substitute.
- The Eucharist should never be left unattended during exposition. Please remain until your “replacement” arrives (at least 10 – 15 minutes).
- If a replacement does not arrive, please make sure the monstrance is reposed. Take it down from the tabernacle and cover it. When the next person arrives, they should uncover it and return it to the top of the tabernacle.
- Please return all reading material to its proper place.
We thank you for your visit and hope that these reminders make your encounter with the Lord a truly blessed experience.
If you are interested in signing up for a Holy Hour, or are interested in being a substitute
Anne Rossman (440-944-0593)
Grace McCullough (440-944-5028)
Marion Smith (440-944-1431)